We are pleased to announce the return of All Stars Cricket and are looking forward to another fantastic season all thanks to our award-wining Lead Youth Coach Gareth and Lead Activator Lynsey. Plus it will all be delivered from our new home in the Village! Details on how to register can be found via this link. All Stars Cricket provides boys and girls from 5-8 years old with 8 weeks of non-stop fun. The activity and game based programme is suitable for all skill levels, providing your child with the foundations to begin a lifelong love of physical activity and cricket, while making friends in a safe and enjoyable environment. Your child’s safety is our absolute priority, and we will be adhering to the Government and ECB COVID-19 guidelines throughout the sessions.
Every child that registers will receive a backpack full of goodies. Your child’s pack will include:
- Cricket bat
- Cricket ball
- Personalised t-shirt with your child’s name
- Early sign-ups will also receive a cap (new participants only)
All children returning to All Stars will receive a kit bag, a set of stumps, a new ball and a personalised t-shirt.
Children will learn fundamental movement skills in the 60 minute sessions including catching, throwing and batting with mums and dads encouraged to take part too. Soft balls and plastic bats are used by everyone and all participants are given their very own cricket bag full of everything they need to play the game. Every child will earn stars in their own activity booklet that match the skills learned during the programme; such as:
- Batting – hitting a moving ball
- Throwing – underarm and overarm
- Catching – small and large balls
- Bowling – overarm
- Running – lots of movement
- Teamwork – fun games with friends
- Communication – the basics of cricket
- Spirit of Cricket – how to respect others
All Stars is all about giving children the best first experience of the sport, with an emphasis on fun!
- Lead Youth Coach – Gareth Goddard via [email protected]
- Activator – Lynsey Mcintosh